Penguin Math Day!


I LOVE penguins...Honestly...If I could I would have one as a pet! Since I love them so, I decided to have a Penguin Math Day.  And what better day to do it, but before a break!!!  The kids had a BALL!!!

Normally, I would put these activities in my math center and have the students work on these during our center rotation.  But, I coudn't wait to use them so Penguin Math Day we had!!  LOL 
Unfortunately, I can't post my little kiddos on my blog :( so you can't see any of their adorable faces, but I did take pics of them working today.  They really worked hard and did a great job :)

This is called Penguin Line Up.  They had to line up the penguins in order from Least to Greatest or Greatest to Least on the iceberg and record their answers on the recording sheet.  This was very cute.  They loved this one :)

This is called Decompose a Number Penguin.  The students have to create the number bond and write the fact family that relates to the bond. 
This is called Adding Penguins.  The students are adding triple digit numbers without regrouping.





This is called Penguin Value.  These cute little fuzzy penguin chicks are too cute :)  The students had to write the value of the underlined digit.



This is called Odd and Even Penguin.  They had to put the odd numbered penguins on the Odd Iceberg and the even numbered penguins on the Even Iceberg and record their answers on the penguin recording sheet!


This is called Penguin Expanded Form.  The students had to decompose the triple digit number and then write the expanded form for the number.

It really was the perfect day to do some Penguin Math.  They had a ball and it kept them moving all morning..which is exactly what they needed since they are so excited about Christmas.  Well..that's all for today :)

If you are interested in this Penguin Math Unit, check it out on my TPT store.

Hugs to all and Happy Holidays :)

Anna




Labels: , ,