Valentine's Day with Mr. Hatch - Simply Skilled in Second

Valentine's Day with Mr. Hatch


Hi Everyone...I am so excited for Valentine's Day to get here because I get to read my 
ALL TIME FAVORITE book called...
Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
by
Eileen Spinelli

Whenever I read this book to my students I get such a wonderful feeling inside and it just makes me happy!  I have been reading this book for years in my second grade classroom, so I decided to create a fun and interactive lesson and craftivity for my favorite book.

Check out Mr. Hatch!  Isn't he just adorable!  I literally can't wait for my kiddos to make him and celebrate Valentine's Day.  I added three different comprehension skills in this unit.  Character Traits, Summarizing with Beginning, Middle, and End, and Sequencing the events in the story with a heart-shaped accordion book.
This year I am going to focus on Character Traits for this story and teach a mini-lesson on supporting your character trait conclusions with Text-Based support as evidence to support their claim.  I can't wait to try  it out. They will create Mr. Hatch and the heart-shaped cut-out.  Inside the heart, they will add "Chocolate Candy Character Traits" and they will use their text-based evidence to support their ideas.  

If you are interested in purchasing my unit featuring Mr. Hatch, head on over to my TPT store to get a hold of it :)



Hugs

 photo signature-3_zpsfc71e6f5.png

12 comments

  1. Oh, I would adore it! Fingers crossed!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Hit send to soon! Darn trigger finger! My favorite book right now, is The Mitten!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3rd graders would LOVE this! commoncoretpt@gmail.com

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST ordered this book on Friday! I've never heard of it before I started searching for Valentine books!

    rowdyinfirstgrade@yahoo.com

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book!

    :) Carmen

    carmen.zeisler@mcpherson.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snowmen at night

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww too late! This is on my lesson plan for February, it is my all time favorite February book.

    This is a great craftivity!

    pinksmyink@gmail.com

    Faithful in First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read a super 'love' book: the wind up mouse. It became my favorite right away.
    Tania
    Mysecondsense@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too late, but wanted you to know I checked it out. Thanks.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to read Dodger and Me (not Vday related though)
    Cute unit.

    taskcard123@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ought to ensure that you plus size bridal simply just simply look out for that evening dresses 2013 two kinds of flaws due cocktail dresses to the fact when you show up at a formal function, you might be below suits for women the scrutiny of other individuals

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top