Do you use Pearson Reading Street??

Hey there friends...I wrote a post a while back with some of the activities that I do using our new reading program from Pearson called Reading Street.  It's a good program with some fun stories, however, I felt like I needed to add a little of "myself" into the program so I jazzed up a few of the units with some craftivities and other fun things :)  Here is just a sample of some of the things that I did during Unit 2 of Reading Street....

This is the St. Bernard Craftivity that goes along with our Expository Writing activity on Rescue Dogs. They look soooo cute when they are done.

When we did our story on Abraham Lincoln, we created Timelines of his life and made a top hat craftivity to go along with it.  Inside the top hat is an accordion fold timeline.  It looked so adorable on the bulletin board.





When we did the story on The Bremen Town Musicians, we also had to teach Homophones.  So, I created this fun little craft for my students to do :)


So these are just some of the "fun" things that I added to the program to help spice it up a bit and make it a bit more interactive for the kids.  

We continue to work on our High-Frequency Words and Amazing Words during our Word Work time during Daily 5.

So....I just wanted to hop on and show you some of the different activities that I have done with Reading Street Unit 2 :)

If you teach using Reading Street (2011 Series) and you want to take a look at this, you can check it out in my TPT Store :)  Click the image below...



That's all for now....

GET READY FOR TOMORROW....SOMETHING BIG IS IN THE WORKS...

Hugs,

 photo signature-3_zpsfc71e6f5.png

Labels: ,