Parts of Speech F.U.N.!


Hi Friends...Teaching about parts of speech is one of my favorite things to teach about....I think it's because after I teach them...I MAKE sure they use "juicy" adjectives and adverbs in their sentences.  It makes for a happy teacher :)

I always start teaching parts of speech using a mentor text.  These mentor texts are ADORBS and they rhyme as well.  The kids LOVE them!

Click the book images to see them on Amazon.com



Here is a blog that has links to GREAT Parts of Speech videos that I show on the Smartboard.


Then on to the FUN STUFF... I am not a huge fan of typical worksheets.  I like to add a little bit of interactive fun into the different skills that I teach in my classroom.  My kids ADORE the flip flap books that I give them!  They literally want to do one for EVERYTHING! I actually can't keep up with them.  You know what else they learn from making my flip flap books???  HOW TO CUT!
Holy Cannoli...it makes me a wee bit crazy that my second graders have difficulty cutting in second grade, but by November they are TRAINED on how to cut straight and NEATLY! :)

Here are the flip flap books that we do and how I put them together....






SADSVILLE!!!  I can't find the pictures of my Verb books :(

After we finish all of our Parts of Speech Flip Flap Books, we adhere them to construction paper booklets and staple it on the left side.  It makes for a beautiful display of their hard-work and effort.  I actually received three e-mails from parents telling me how great they thought their child's parts of speech book was!
One HAPPY TEACHER right here!!!  :)





So...this is how I teach parts of speech to my students...they really have fun with it and at the end they have a wonderful book with all of your hard-work!

If you wanna check out this unit, head on over to my TPT Shop to check it out! Click the image below to head on over :)



Thanks for stopping by :)

Hugs,
 photo signature-3_zpsfc71e6f5.png

Labels: , , , , ,