Back to School Writing FREEBIE FUN!


Hi Friends... I don't know about you, but on the first day of school I like get my kiddos writing RIGHT AWAY!  After we get their supplies in order and get ourselves organized, I always do a read-aloud called How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Mark Teague.

Click this picture to check it out on Amazon. 

After I read the story to them,  we do a sharing circle on the carpet where we share Something We Did and Somewhere  We Went so that all of the students have an opportunity to share.  This is a PERFECT springboard for our first writing activity of the year!  We will complete  The Scoop on Summer Flip Flap Book to record all of our summer memories.  It is a great way assess their writing skills, spelling skills, and cutting skills!  I found out first hand last year that kids have trouble cutting...what in the world.... I nipped that one in the bud with my flip flap books.  They were cutting machines by the end of the year :)

My friend Corinna over at Surfin' Through Second has already started school and I have a couple of weeks left, so she shared this picture with me!  I was SOOOOOOOO excited that she shared it with me and she said her little ones loved it.  I am a Happy Camper :)  


There are a few design choices to pick from…






What's even better than this....is that this flip flap book is a FREEBIE in my TPT Shop!  
Click the image below to download your free copy!



I hope you enjoy using it with your students this year!

Hugs,


 photo signature-3_zpsfc71e6f5.png

Labels: , , , ,