Ditch the Worksheets = F.U.N.


Hi Friends....

I hope this post finds you all well.  A few weeks ago I stayed after school {in my very quiet classroom....ahhh} and I started thinking about how I could add some more PIZZAZZ to my 
Guided Reading Groups. 

As part of our reading series {Pearson Reading Street}, we must teach a comprehension skill and strategy each week, which will also be revisited many times throughout the year.   I find myself sometimes using the same activity or worksheet to practice the comprehension skill because I have to revisit it many times throughout the year.  Which lead me on my QUEST for something a little different and new for my kiddos... I headed on over to Pinterest....of course.  But sometimes when I am on Pinterest, my ADD kicks in and 5 minutes later I am looking at ways to organize my kitchen cabinets...I digress.  

So I decided to sit down and create something myself to ATTACK each Reading Comprehension skill I had to teach my little ones.  Then... the LIGHTBULB lit up in my brain!!!!!!  My kiddos have been LOVING and I mean LOVING my Writing Tab-Its that we use in our Work on Writing Center so I figured, let me create them for reading..... SOOOOOOOOOOO......

Reading Tab-Its was born!


This resource was a LABOR OF LOVE...I tell ya!  It took me weeks to finish it!  But it is DONE!

But I am excited to put them to use and add them to our 
Interactive Notebooks!


This past week we worked on my Cause and Effect Tab-It 
and my Plot Tab-It.  Honestly, my kiddos LOVED LOVED LOVED working in them.  I use them during my small group work time and it is a perfect way to address your comprehension skills that you must teach. 





Here are a few pictures of my kiddos working on my Cause and Effect Tab-It this week....







Here are just a few highlights from this resource....

Making Connections Reading Tab-It...


Inferencing Reading Tab-It...


Main Idea and Details Reading Tab-It...



Text Features Reading Tab-It...




Vocabulary Reading Tab-It...



There are 21 different Reading Tab-Its in my Grade 2 Resource.

I also have Reading Tab-Its for Grades 1 and 3... scroll to the bottom of this post to check them out!


If you want to check this resource out in my TPT Shop, click the image below...


I also have a Third Grade and First Grade
Version too!!!!!

 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Big hugs,

 photo signature-3_zpsfc71e6f5.png

Labels: , , , , , , ,